Monday, August 29, 2016

Book Page Pencils

While my niece was visiting this past week, she helped me out with this week's DIY project!


Book Crafts


Here's what you need:

-pencils
-Mod Podge and sponge brush
-old book, cutting knife and mat (or scissors)

Steps:

1) Measure and cut some book pages the same length as your pencils and approximately 1" wide.


2) Apply a coat of Mod Podge to your pencil.


3) Lay your pencil down on your book page strip and roll tightly.  Apply a bit more Mod Podge to seal the edge.


4) Prop your pencils up some place safe to dry.  If you want, add another layer of Sparkle Mod Podge for a bit of flair.


5) Dry again and you're done!


I've made these before so I can tell you from experience that you can sharpen these pencils just like you would any other pencil.  These are fun and will be perfect to add to the big pile of Back to School supplies that I'm sure is waiting for my niece back home.

Book Crafts

So many people keep their notes on their phone these days.  Do you still use pencils?  I do! And I love it when I pick one up that's so personalized and pretty~

What will you cover your pencils with?  Leave a comment below~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

I look forward to reading your comments so make sure to add yours! Every one of them is very much appreciated.

Thanks!