Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Sri Lanka

This week's book reviews are both set in Sri Lanka so I thought I'd share some of my pics from this beautiful country.


Water lilies, pond

I visited this beautiful country just a few months ago.  I didn't really know anything about Sri Lanka at all, but I after reading "The Flower Boy" (tomorrow's review), it stuck in my head, and eventually I heard it calling to me...come, explore!

Tea Plantation, Sri Lankan tea

Tea plantations, like the one above, are probably what most people think of when they think of Sri Lanka, but there are so many other sides to this small island nation.

Beach, tropical beach, ocean, Indian Ocean

It's an island, so you know there are some amazing beaches!

Fishermen, Fishing, Beach, Sri Lanka

And fishing is a way of life for many people.

Buddha

The predominant religion here is Buddhism, so almost no matter where you go, you'll find a Buddha to pay your respects to.

Monks, Sri Lankan Monks

There are so many ancient ruins there that most are still half buried.

Lions Paw, Sri Lanka, Mountain

And there are mountains!

Sri Lanka Laundry


Mountain View, Adams Peak, Sri Lanka
From the top of Adam's Peak
For such a small country, it sure is diverse.  Remember these images when you read about the two upcoming books this week~

If you want to see more great photos from this trip you can follow me on Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

I look forward to reading your comments so make sure to add yours! Every one of them is very much appreciated.

Thanks!