Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Connecting with Authors

It's always a surprise, and a little thrilling, when I see an author 'like' a review or retweet something I've posted!

Beth Hoffman recently liked my review of her book Looking for Me on Goodreads! (review on the blog this Friday)

Author Engagement

And Juliet Blackwell retweeted my tweet about her book The Paris Key!

Author engagement
I'm a little starstruck.  Imagine if I actually had to talk to either of these talented ladies in person?!?!

The game has really changed for authors over the last 10 years.  Like everything else these days, it's all about engagement.  I remember when Oprah started her bookclub and she talked about writing letters to authors who really touched her.  Now even you and I can reach our favourite writers, with just the click of a button.

Have you ever engaged with an author?  Who was it?  How was it?  Tell us all about it below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment

I look forward to reading your comments so make sure to add yours! Every one of them is very much appreciated.

Thanks!